The following are lifted and shortened version from:
Top 5 Essential Oils for Luscious Hair Growth written by Nina Harwell.
“The truth is anyone can grow long, healthy hair.”
- Maintaining moisture
- Keeping your scalp clear of debris
- follicle stimulation
Essential oils are taken straight from the plants of mother nature.
1. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree is a natural antiseptic which helps get rid of bacteria or fungi.
- Scalp irritations like dandruff, or lice.
- Exfoliate by removing debris from the scalp, allowing hair follicles to clear.
Clear follicles mean room for natural oils to coat the hair and an easier environment for new hair to push through.
2. Bur Oil
Phytosterols closely mimic cholesterol, by helping to soften and keep frizz under control.
- The oil is rich in fatty acids and phytosterols.
- The fatty acids found in burdock are very rare and help hair grow.
- It helps by providing nutrients that help the oil glands and hair follicles function.
3. Peppermint Oil
This oil works by penetrating the scalp and regenerating the hair follicle. Once this type of environment is created on the scalp, circulation will increase, and your hair will grow.
It can also help prevent hair loss, fight dandruff, and reduce excess oil!
- NOTE: Pure peppermint oil can be strong, so dilute it with water before applying.
- Peppermint oil is also essential for hair growth.
- An astringent which helps balance the scalp’s PH level
Excess oil can clog the follicle making it hard for new hair to resurface.
4. Lavender Oil
Aids in improving circulation and fighting infection.
Maintaining a healthy scalp is essential for healthy hair growth, which is why lavender can be a hero product.
5. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba helps to moisturize the hair, by acting as our scalps natural oils.
- Ability to withstand harsh environments.
Making sure your hair is hydrated at all times will ensure your strands don’t get dry and brittle.
Remember, only 90% of your hair is live and growing, you want to prevent as many strands as possible from entering its resting period to maintaining long, voluminous hair.
You must keep your scalp clear so hair can push through properly and you must keep each strand hydrated.
A cool way to reap the benefits of all of these awesome oils is to create an oil mixture by placing it in a spray bottle.