[Will be updated from time to time]
Things I have found out:
- Knowing hair porosity is really important! This will guide you on the products and methods to use or to watch out for.
- I have a low porous, ‘protein sensitive‘ hair. My hair becomes stiff with too much protein. These makes my hair stiff: Coconut, Aloe vera, Honey, Avocado Oil
- Light oils ONLY for low porosity hair!
- NO heavy oils and butters! This will not penetrate the hair! It will just cause product build up!
- Clarify your hair! Since low porosity tends to not absorb everything that you put on it. Plus, higher moisturising will happen because there are no ‘barriers’
- Healthy Clean Scalp! = Better hair growth
The oils I’ve tried so far are:
- Vitamin e oil – Used in Eyelashes, mixed with castor oil.
Castor oil I used may no be cold pressed, so it castor oil alone did not make any difference on my lashes. It serves as a ‘carrier oil’, because when I use vitamin e oil alone, it sting too much. It makes my eyes red.
I use this mix before going to sleep, because it slips off (of course), and it does make the surrounding of my eyes oily.
2. Olive Oil – Used in my hair, not mixed with any other oils.
I don’t think it penetrates? But it makes my hair softer, and just a little shinier. I still get hair tangles after usage.
- Baggy method – this will produce natural heat. This will really help my low porosity hair to absorb the moisturizing routine that I just did.
- Silk or Satin pillowcase – Wrong pillowcase may just reverse all my efforts. To reduce friction ~ ‘split ends’
Oils I’m planning to buy:
- Almond Oil
- Vitamin E Oil
- Peppermint Oil
- Jojoba Oil
The ‘NO!’ Products:
- Coconut Oil
- Aloe vera
- Avocado Oil